"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

2027: I’m desperate to see Nigeria work – Peter Obi

Forum 5 days ago

2027: I’m desperate to see Nigeria work – Peter Obi

Former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi has said he is desperate to see Nigeria work.

Obi, the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 election, spoke recently when he appeared on New Central TV.

Answering questions on the possibility of him accepting to be a vice-presidential candidate for the 2027 election, Obi said, “Quite frankly, for me, I’m not desperate to be Nigerian president. I am desperate to see Nigeria work. If I see people who can do the work better, I will.

“I even have people who say I should not come out in 2027 and I said to them, offer yourself. And we will not put everybody on a scale.”

On the rumour that he may dump the Labour Party due to the leadership crisis, the former governor said, “I would be here and if anybody is coming for us to negotiate or to come together, he must tell me what his purposes are”.

There are rumors that Rabiu Kwankwaso of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, and Peter Obi may form an alliance ahead of the 2027 election.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
“He didn’t give us anything” – Portable expresses disappointment after meeting Peter Obi
Forum | 2 days ago

“He didn’t give us anything” – Portable expresses disappointment after meeting Peter Obi

“I relocated to Nigeria because of Ramsey Nouah” – Actress Adunni Ade reveals
Forum | 2 days ago

“I relocated to Nigeria because of Ramsey Nouah” – Actress Adunni Ade reveals

I relocated to Nigeria because of Ramsey Nouah – Adunni Ade
Forum | 3 days ago

I relocated to Nigeria because of Ramsey Nouah – Adunni Ade

Workers trapped, many injured as building collapses in Delta
Forum | 4 days ago

Workers trapped, many injured as building collapses in Delta