"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

2027 Presidential Election: LP ticket not reserved for Peter Obi – Abure declares

Forum 1 week ago

2027 Presidential Election: LP ticket not reserved for Peter Obi – Abure declares

The Labour Party, LP factional leadership led by Julius Abure says all its tickets ahead of the 2027 general election are open to qualified Nigerians.

Abure made the announcement after a National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting in Abuja on Monday.

“NEC in session also reviewed the decision of the National Convention to reserve its Presidential and Governorship tickets for Peter Gregory Obi and Alex Otti respectively,” a viral communique.

“Consequently, all tickets of the party from the Presidency to the House of Assemblies are open to all qualified Nigerians,” he declared.

Abure’s statement comes amid the controversy that trailed the recent stakeholders meeting convened by the Governor of Abia State, Alex Otti, and 2023 presidential candidate, Peter Obi, where a former minister of finance Nenadi Usman was announced as caretaker chairperson of the party.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
“He didn’t give us anything” – Portable expresses disappointment after meeting Peter Obi
Forum | 19 hours ago

“He didn’t give us anything” – Portable expresses disappointment after meeting Peter Obi

Edo Guber: Election not war – IPAC urges stakeholders
Forum | 1 day ago

Edo Guber: Election not war – IPAC urges stakeholders

Peter Dinklage Still Defends Game of Thrones’ Ending: ‘You Don’t Have to Agree With Me’
Forum | 2 days ago

Peter Dinklage Still Defends Game of Thrones’ Ending: ‘You Don’t Have to Agree With Me’

2027: I never said I’d be vice president to anyone – Peter Obi
Forum | 2 days ago

2027: I never said I’d be vice president to anyone – Peter Obi