"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

EPL: Man Utd brought Pogba back to humiliate Ferguson, I warned him – Evra

Forum 1 week ago

EPL: Man Utd brought Pogba back to humiliate Ferguson, I warned him – Evra

Former Manchester United defender, Patrice Evra, has claimed the club brought Paul Pogba back to “humiliate” legendary boss, Sir Alex Ferguson.

Pogba left the Red Devils as a free agent while Ferguson was still manager to join Juventus in 2012.

In the summer of 2016, however, the Frenchman returned to Old Trafford in a then world-record fee of £90 million.

Evra, speaking on Stick To Football podcast, revealed he warned Pogba after the return to United.

He said: “Man United brought Paul Pogba back because they wanted to humiliate Ferguson.

“Because they said, ‘you let him go for free, and now we’re going to bring him back for £90m.’

“I said to Paul, ‘This is going to be the biggest mistake, don’t go back.'”

Pogba eventually left United again as a free agent in 2022.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Hit-and-run driver kills man in Lagos
Forum | 17 hours ago

Hit-and-run driver kills man in Lagos

EPL: I always win things in my second year – Postecoglou assures Tottenham after 1-0 defeat to Arsenal
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: I always win things in my second year – Postecoglou assures Tottenham after 1-0 defeat to Arsenal

EPL: There’re no better wingers than him – Neville hails Arsenal star
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: There’re no better wingers than him – Neville hails Arsenal star

EPL: He takes so much time – Neville criticizes Tottenham star as Arsenal win 1-0
Forum | 22 hours ago

EPL: He takes so much time – Neville criticizes Tottenham star as Arsenal win 1-0