"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Otti last LP gov in Abia, APC must be next – Deputy Speaker, Kalu declares [Video]

Forum 3 weeks ago

Otti last LP gov in Abia, APC must be next – Deputy Speaker, Kalu declares [Video]

Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Benjamin Kalu, has declared that the All Progressives Congress (APC) will produce the next governor of Abia State.

Kalu stated that the current governor, Alex Otti, will be the last Labour Party, LP, governor to be in charge of the state.

The Deputy Speaker, who represents Bende Federal Constituency under the APC, made this declaration during an interview.

He assured that the APC will secure the governorship in the 2027 elections, citing the hard work of President Bola Tinubu as a reason for his confidence.

”This will be the last time that a Labour governor will govern Abia state. I say it without mincing words. The next governor of Abia state will be APC governor,” Kalu declared.

Kalu, however, stated that he is friends with the governor, and he has made his stance known to the Abia state chief executive.

”We are friends, we work together, but I will not be the number six citizen of the country and another party will govern my state. The next election in 2027, APC will be there.

”I have told him publicly and privately that the APC governor will be next in Abia state. How it will happen, I don’t know, but it will happen.

”I am confident because my government is working hard, the president is working hard and Abia will repay Tinubu. Tinubu has given you the South East Development Commission will be repaid.

”Tinubu is appointing Abians into administration. Tinubu is attracting the dividends of democracy will be repaid. We are not ungrateful people. Monkey will not work and baboon chop. APC will not help the state to be strong and Labour will take the credit.

”APC will determine who will become the next governor of Abia state. I don’t care about who the person is. But, one thing I know is the platform, APC, will be the next governor of Abia state.

”We are ready to work for Abia state and we are tired of being outside the government at the center. We need to leverage the power of the center to increase the development of Abia state.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Insecurity: Zamfara APC tackles Gov Dauda over alleged negotiation bandits
Forum | 44 mins ago

Insecurity: Zamfara APC tackles Gov Dauda over alleged negotiation bandits

How motivational speaker led me to attempt suicide – Warri Pikin
Forum | 55 mins ago

How motivational speaker led me to attempt suicide – Warri Pikin

AKSU declares Thursday, September 12th a lecture free day
Forum | 17 hours ago

AKSU declares Thursday, September 12th a lecture free day

Edo Guber: Court fixes Sept 19 to hear APC suit seeking Ighodalo’s disqualification
Forum | 1 day ago

Edo Guber: Court fixes Sept 19 to hear APC suit seeking Ighodalo’s disqualification