"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

How motivational speaker led me to attempt suicide – Warri Pikin

Forum 5 days ago

How motivational speaker led me to attempt suicide – Warri Pikin

Comedienne and actress Anita Afoke Asuoha, popularly known as Warri Pikin has shared the harrowing experience of her suicide attempt in 2018.

Warri Pikin opened up about this dark chapter of her life on her Instagram page, in observance of World Suicide Prevention Day.

She recounted how she and her husband, Ikechukwu Asuoha, were inspired by a motivational speaker to try different ventures in the pursuit of financial success.

Unfortunately, their efforts plunged them into a debt of N22 million, leading her to contemplate suicide.

Reflecting on the experience in her signature Pidgin English, she said:

“I tried suicide so you don’t have to, in 2018 June 6, 3pm to be precise I attempted suicide, I gave up on life because the burden was too much.

“Life just dey hit me left right and center, life dey turn me round like barber chair. And I felt like the only way to escape is to end the pain.”

She explained that if it were not for the timely intervention of her neighbour, she might not have survived the ordeal. She urged others who have survived similar situations to share their stories to help those struggling.

In a subsequent post shared on Wednesday, Warri Pikin expressed her gratitude to a nurse named Irene C. Anaenye, who played a pivotal role in saving her life when she was rushed to Garki Hospital.

Sharing photos of them she wrote:

“Area! Meet Irene C. Anaenye, the woman God used to save my life on June 6, 2018, at Garki Hospital.”

She further encouraged people battling suicidal thoughts to seek help, reminding them that, “Suicide is making a permanent decision to a temporary problem.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Adamawa: Three youths nabbed after failed attempt to snatch man’s phone
Forum | 3 days ago

Adamawa: Three youths nabbed after failed attempt to snatch man’s phone

The Franchise Trailer Sets Release Date for HBO Comedy Series Led by Himesh Patel
Forum | 1 week ago

The Franchise Trailer Sets Release Date for HBO Comedy Series Led by Himesh Patel

Allow domestic investors manage Warri refinery- PDP Chieftain, Onuesoke to Nigerian govt
Forum | 1 week ago

Allow domestic investors manage Warri refinery- PDP Chieftain, Onuesoke to Nigerian govt

Again, man allegedly commits suicide in Ogun
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Again, man allegedly commits suicide in Ogun