"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

21 year old Temitope Ayeobasan becomes LASU's first ever First class graduate in history after 40 years

Forum 1 day ago

21 year old Temitope Ayeobasan becomes LASU's first ever First class graduate in history after 40 years

For the first time in its 40-year history, Lagos State University (LASU) has produced a First-Class Honours graduate in History and International Studies 21-year-old Temitope Ayeobasan. Her achievement was officially confirmed by the Senate early Friday.

Professor Adeyeri Olusegun, Head of the History and International Studies Department, highlighted the significance of this milestone, emphasizing Ayeobasan's dedication from her first year. “She deserves it,” said Prof. Adeyeri. “This is the first of its kind since the school’s inception in 1984.”

Initially set on studying law, Ayeobasan shared that her journey took an unexpected turn when she fell in love with history. Reflecting on her academic path, she said, “I never planned to study history, but circumstances led me here, and I’m glad I stayed. Although I wasn’t sure about achieving a First Class, my mantra, ‘Whatever’s worth doing at all is worth doing well,’ kept me going.”

Despite facing challenges like multiple exams on the same day and long class hours, Ayeobasan’s perseverance paid off, earning her a place in LASU’s history books.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bishop Oyedepo Celebrates Retirement Of Bishop Abioye, Marks 45 Amazing Years Of Ministry Together
Forum | 2 days ago

Bishop Oyedepo Celebrates Retirement Of Bishop Abioye, Marks 45 Amazing Years Of Ministry Together

LASUSTECH approved academic calendar for 2024/2025 session
Forum | 3 days ago

LASUSTECH approved academic calendar for 2024/2025 session

LASU academic calendar for 2024/2025 session
Forum | 3 days ago

LASU academic calendar for 2024/2025 session

24 years old man commits suicide in Ogun
Forum | 3 days ago

24 years old man commits suicide in Ogun