"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

EPL: Arne Slot names Liverpool star that has surprised him this season

Forum 9 hours ago

EPL: Arne Slot names Liverpool star that has surprised him this season

Liverpool boss, Arne Slot, has expressed surprise by the performance of Ryan Gravenberch.

He said the emergence of the player as a No. 6 for the Reds this season has left him with pleasant surprise.

Former Manchester United star, Gary Neville recognised the Dutchman as the Player of the Match after he starred in their 2-1 win against Wolves.

Despite being fielded as a No. 8 by former boss, Jurgen Klopp last season, Gravenberch has excelled in a double pivot alongside Alexis Mac Allister under Slot.

The 22-year-old has replaced Wataru Endo in the starting XI.

Slot told reporters after the game via Rousing the Kop,

“He is just very comfortable on the ball. And with him and Mac Allister, that helps the team if you want to have a possession-based style of play, if you want to have the ball and kept it as long as you can, then it always helps if you have two players that are so comfortable on the ball in the holding midfielder position.

“And the two of them can run as well. So I think if you only look at the things Ryan does with the ball, we don’t do enough justice to his game.

“He is doing a really good job without the ball as well. To be completely honest, that surprised me even a bit because I know him from the Dutch league.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man Utd vs Tottenham – Ten Hag walking tightrope ahead of must-win clash
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd vs Tottenham – Ten Hag walking tightrope ahead of must-win clash

EPL: He’s worth every penny – Martin Keown hails Arsenal star after 4-2 win
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: He’s worth every penny – Martin Keown hails Arsenal star after 4-2 win

EPL: ‘How greedy’ – Noni Madueke reacts to Palmer scoring all Chelsea’s 4 goals against Brighton
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: ‘How greedy’ – Noni Madueke reacts to Palmer scoring all Chelsea’s 4 goals against Brighton

EPL: Chelsea manager, Maresca names best player in Premier League
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea manager, Maresca names best player in Premier League