"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

James Bond 26: Ben Whishaw Thinks Entire Cast Will Be Replaced in Reboot

Forum 1 day ago

James Bond 26: Ben Whishaw Thinks Entire Cast Will Be Replaced in Reboot

Ben Whishaw portrayed Q (aka Quartermaster) in three James Bond movies featuring Daniel Craig as the eponymous spy. They were Skyfall (2012), Spectre (2015), and No Time to Die (2021). Since Craig announced his retirement as James Bond, fans have been wondering about the future of the other recurring cast members in the franchise. In a recent interview, Whishaw casts doubt on his and other cast members’ potential return for James Bond 26.

Ben Whishaw says James Bond 26 will have an all ‘new cast’

Ben Whishaw reflected on his future and that of the other cast members in the James Bond franchise in a recent interview with BBC. He posited that there might be “a completely new cast” in the next James Bond movie.

“I don’t think I’m going to be in the next one,” Whishaw speculated while speaking to BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg. “I think they’re going to start all over again, and with a new cast, a completely new cast. I think that’s my hunch, but I don’t know. I have no idea,” he added.

Before Whishaw, the likes of Desmond Llewelyn and John Cleese portrayed Q in the franchise. The Passages actor said that while he would return if the filmmakers approached him about it, he believed it would be good for the franchise to have a fresh start.

“I think it might need a new lease of life and a whole new group of people. But if they asked me, I would do it, of course,” Whishaw stated.

The studio hasn’t yet officially announced James Bond 26, or simply, Bond 26. However, it’s pretty safe to assume that it will eventually happen. After all, James Bond is one of the most popular, enduring, and successful cinematic franchises of all time. There have been a lot of speculations about who the next Bond would be after Craig, with actors such as Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Henry Cavill, and Paul Mescal coming up in fan discussions.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Marty Supreme Cast Adds Tyler the Creator to A24’s Timothée Chalamet Ping Pong Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Marty Supreme Cast Adds Tyler the Creator to A24’s Timothée Chalamet Ping Pong Movie

Age & Career Of James McCartney
Forum | 1 day ago

Age & Career Of James McCartney

Beneath the Fold Trailer Previews Newspaper-Set Noir Crime Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Beneath the Fold Trailer Previews Newspaper-Set Noir Crime Drama

James Cameron Gives Hiroshima Movie Update, Buys Rights to Second Book
Forum | 2 days ago

James Cameron Gives Hiroshima Movie Update, Buys Rights to Second Book