"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Edo Guber: Don’t use presidential might – Adeyanju warns APC

Forum 1 day ago

Edo Guber: Don’t use presidential might – Adeyanju warns APC

Ahead of Saturday’s governorship election in Edo State, activist lawyer, Deji Adeyanju, has cautioned against federal interference in the exercise.

Adeyanju cautioned the All Progressives Congress, APC, against plots to exploit presidential powers to influence the outcome of the election.

In a statement he signed, Adeyanju urged the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Kayode Egbetokun to be loyal to electorates.

He said: “As Edo State prepares for its upcoming governorship election, scheduled for 21st, September, I charge the Independent Electoral Commission to prioritize the people’s interest and conduct a free, fair, and credible poll.

“I also call on the Inspector General of Police and the Nigeria Police Force and other security agencies to remain loyal to the people, rather than serving the interests of politicians.

“Neutrality and professionalism are crucial in ensuring a peaceful electoral process.

“Furthermore, I condemn the reported plots by the ruling APC to exploit presidential powers to influence the election outcome.

“Such actions undermine democracy and subvert the will of the Edo people.

“The people of Edo State deserve to choose their leaders without interference or manipulation.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LG Poll: APC set to flag off campaigns in Akwa Ibom
Forum | 1 day ago

LG Poll: APC set to flag off campaigns in Akwa Ibom

APC Forum seeks Tinubu’s intervention in rehabilitation of North-Central roads
Forum | 1 day ago

APC Forum seeks Tinubu’s intervention in rehabilitation of North-Central roads

Only Edo people not Wike’ll decide who’s to govern them – Ighodalo
Forum | 1 day ago

Only Edo people not Wike’ll decide who’s to govern them – Ighodalo