"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

EPL: Fabregas reveals who convinced him to snub Man Utd, City for Chelsea

Forum 5 days ago

EPL: Fabregas reveals who convinced him to snub Man Utd, City for Chelsea

Como manager, Cesc Fabregas, has revealed that Jose Mourinho convinced him to snub the likes of Manchester City and Manchester United for Chelsea in the summer of 2014.

Fabregas made his name at Arsenal before leaving the Emirates to rejoin club Barcelona in 2011.

He was wanted by Chelsea, Man United and Man City while Arsenal declined to exercise their buy back option.

The Spanaird ultimately joined Chelsea for a fee in the region of £30million.

Speaking to Gary Lineker on The Rest Is Football podcast, Fabregas revealed that Mourinho, who was the manager at the time convinced him to join the Blues.

“I had made my decision already, I wanted to leave [Barcelona]. I called them and told them my decision,” Fabregas told host Gary Lineker.

“Before going to the World Cup, I sat down the same day with the three clubs: Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea. It was at the house of my agent, Darren Dein.

“I spoke to [then United manager] David Moyes on the phone, then after I met [Manchester City director] Txiki Begiristain and straight after I met [then Chelsea boss] Jose Mourinho.

“By talking, analysing, you also get perceptions about who is who and what they want from you.

“He convinced me, he brought me to Chelsea. I had doubts due to my time at Arsenal, could I be the same player and be happy again?”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Carabao Cup: You must earn right to play for Man Utd – Ten Hag warns Antony
Forum | 1 day ago

Carabao Cup: You must earn right to play for Man Utd – Ten Hag warns Antony

EPL: Petit gives major reason Arsenal won’t win title this season
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Petit gives major reason Arsenal won’t win title this season

EPL: Alan Shearer names Arsenal’s advantage over Man City
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Alan Shearer names Arsenal’s advantage over Man City