"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

The Sandman Star Praises ‘Brilliant’ World-Building in Season 2

Forum 5 days ago

The Sandman Star Praises ‘Brilliant’ World-Building in Season 2

As The Sandman fans wait for the new season of the hit Netflix show, actor Douglas Booth has provided an update that should tide them over until a release date is announced.

Based on the critically acclaimed DC Comics series of the same name created by Neil Gaiman, Sam Kieth, and Mike Dringenberg, The Sandman premiered on Netflix in August 2022. The first season, comprising 11 episodes, adapted the events of the comic’s first two story arcs — Preludes & Nocturnes and The Doll’s House — as well as the first two issues of the third story arc, Dream Country. A second season was announced in November 2022, with production beginning the following June.

Booth is one of the newer additions to the cast of The Sandman, joining the series for Season 2 in the role of Cluracan. While speaking with Collider at the Toronto International Film Festival to promote his new movie Young Wrether, Booth briefly touched on becoming part of The Sandman Universe, although he was careful to avoid spoiling anything about the upcoming season.

“So, I play the Cluracan, and he’s a really fun character to play. I had so much fun with him. Ann Skelly was brilliant as Nuala. There’s not much I can say because I’ve never been on a project where they’re so secretive, and they make you sign so many things,” Booth said. “But what I can tell you is the world-building is brilliant. It’s gone up a level even from series one. And all the additional cast is fantastic. Tom [Sturridge] is brilliant.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Classified Trailer: Aaron Eckhart, Abigail Breslin, & Tim Roth Star in Hitman Thriller
Forum | 19 hours ago

Classified Trailer: Aaron Eckhart, Abigail Breslin, & Tim Roth Star in Hitman Thriller

Castlevania: Nocturne Season 2 Release Date Window Set in Teaser Trailer
Forum | 20 hours ago

Castlevania: Nocturne Season 2 Release Date Window Set in Teaser Trailer

Bridgerton Season 4 Cast Adds Harry Potter’s Katie Leung & More as Filming Begins
Forum | 20 hours ago

Bridgerton Season 4 Cast Adds Harry Potter’s Katie Leung & More as Filming Begins

The Remarkable Life of Ibelin Trailer: Inspiring Netflix Documentary on World of Warcraft Player
Forum | 1 day ago

The Remarkable Life of Ibelin Trailer: Inspiring Netflix Documentary on World of Warcraft Player