"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

EPL: Theo Walcott reveals Mikel Arteta’s biggest test ahead of Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

Forum 1 week ago

EPL: Theo Walcott reveals Mikel Arteta’s biggest test ahead of Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

Former Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has noted that the current phase is the biggest challenge for the club’s manager, Mikel Arteta.

Arteta and his team will face Tottenham Hotspur in the North London derby on Sunday, with many key players sidelined due to injuries.

Martin Odegaard, the club’s captain, is injured, while frontline midfielder Declan Rice is suspended.

With Emile Smith Rowe having left the club, the Spaniard may be facing the challenge of finding a replacement for his top midfielders.

Speaking specifically about Odegaard ahead of the North London derby, Walcott told Football London, “There’s an expectation for every player to perform at Arsenal, I get that.

“But I feel like this is the biggest test, and it’s nice to have it right at the start of the season when the games are a little more staggered.

“It gives a bit more opportunity for these players to come back, but it also gives an opportunity for the other players to make a statement and say, ‘Look, I want to challenge Martin Odegaard.’

“I know he’s the captain, but I want to challenge him right now.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
‘I’m your biggest fan’ – Rihanna tells Nigerian director, Dammy Twitch
Forum | 1 day ago

‘I’m your biggest fan’ – Rihanna tells Nigerian director, Dammy Twitch

Court gives Kwara electoral commission go ahead to conduct LG poll
Forum | 1 day ago

Court gives Kwara electoral commission go ahead to conduct LG poll

HBO Harry Potter Series Update Reveals Release Date Window
Forum | 1 day ago