"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Kendrick Lamar set to become first rapper to solo headline Super Bowl halftime show

Forum 1 week ago

Kendrick Lamar set to become first rapper to solo headline Super Bowl halftime show

Kendrick Lamar is set to become the first rapper in history to solo headline a Super Bowl halftime show.

The National Football League, Roc Nation and Apple Music announced on Sunday that the California-born rapper will headline the 2025 Super Bowl halftime show on February 9th in New Orleans.

“Kendrick is truly a once-in-a-generation artist and performer,” Jay-Z, the founder of Roc Nation, said in a statement.

“He has an unparalleled ability to define and influence culture globally. [His] work transcends music, and his impact will be felt for years to come.”

Reacting to his announcement as the headliner of the Super Bowl halftime show, Lamar said he would be on the show to show the world that rap is still the most impactful genre.

“Rap music is still the most impactful genre to date. And I’ll be there to remind the world why. They got the right one,” he said in a statement.

The 17-Grammy-winning artist previously performed on the Super Bowl stage in 2022, as part of the event’s first showcase for hip-hop music.

Lamar’s headline show on the Super Bowl comes amid his messy beef with Drake who has previously bragged in one of his songs about being as big as the Super Bowl.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Turkish Super Lig: He’s very active – Kahveci on Osimhen
Forum | 23 hours ago

Turkish Super Lig: He’s very active – Kahveci on Osimhen

Why I quit Super Eagles coaching role – Peseiro
Forum | 23 hours ago

Why I quit Super Eagles coaching role – Peseiro

Turkish Super Lig: Osimhen gets assist in Galatasaray’s debut
Forum | 2 days ago

Turkish Super Lig: Osimhen gets assist in Galatasaray’s debut

Turkish Super Lig: Osimhen in Galatasaray starting XI for debut against Rizespor
Forum | 2 days ago

Turkish Super Lig: Osimhen in Galatasaray starting XI for debut against Rizespor