"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

DSS: Air Peace distances self from NLC President, Ajaero’s arrest

Forum 1 week ago

DSS: Air Peace distances self from NLC President, Ajaero’s arrest

Nigerian airline, Air Peace has distanced itself from the arrest of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, President, Joe Ajaero by the Department of State Services, DSS.

Air Peace spokesman, Omotade Makinwa, said Ajaero’s arrest was unrelated to the petition submitted by the airline to the NLC in September 2023.

Makinwa explained that the situation, which resulted in unfavorable media coverage, does not accurately represent the existing relationship between the airline and the NLC.

Ajaero was arrested by operatives of DSS in Abuja Airport while heading to the United Kingdom, UK, for a function.

However, a statement by Makinwa reads partly: “In response to this disruption, Air Peace’s legal team submitted a formal petition against the NLC to the Nigerian Police.

“Despite our repeated efforts to follow up on the petition, the police failed to take prompt action.

“However, over a year later, the Nigeria Police have chosen to act on the original petition, which has now led to the alleged arrest of the NLC President.

“Prior to this arrest, the airline and the NLC had already reached an amicable resolution and Air Peace had withdrawn its petition, allowing a positive working relationship to resume between the two organisations.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Troops arrest nine suspected oil thieves, recover seven vehicles, others
Forum | 18 hours ago

Troops arrest nine suspected oil thieves, recover seven vehicles, others

2027: I never said I’d be vice president to anyone – Peter Obi
Forum | 2 days ago

2027: I never said I’d be vice president to anyone – Peter Obi

Edo guber: PDP lists redeployment of REC, CP as conditions to sign peace accord
Forum | 3 days ago

Edo guber: PDP lists redeployment of REC, CP as conditions to sign peace accord