"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Colombia 2024: Danjuma thumbs up Falconets’ display in win over Venezuela

Forum 1 week ago

Colombia 2024: Danjuma thumbs up Falconets’ display in win over Venezuela

Falconets head coach, Chris Danjuma heaped plaudits on his players for a job well done after they sealed a place in the second round at the 2024 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup.

The West Africans confirmed their place in the knockout round following a comprehensive 4-0 mauling of Venezuela in Cali on Saturday night.

Aminat Bello, Chiamaka Okwuchukwu and Flourish Sabastine all scored for Nigeria in the first half.

Substitute, Joe Igbokwe added the fourth late in the game.

It’s tenth time that the Falconets have reached the knockout stage in the history of the competition.

“It’s a fantastic feeling, and we don’t want to just win but also to play good football,” Danjuma told FIFA.com.

“We have a lot of talents that we want the world to see and this is an opportunity to see those talents because 90% of them are from the local league, they are not professionals coming from anywhere in Europe.”

Nigeria finished second in Group D and will face either Japan or Austria in the Round of 16.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ballon d’Or: Valverde names favourite player to win award this year
Forum | 59 mins ago

Ballon d’Or: Valverde names favourite player to win award this year

EPL: Petit gives major reason Arsenal won’t win title this season
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Petit gives major reason Arsenal won’t win title this season

EPL: I always win things in my second year – Postecoglou assures Tottenham after 1-0 defeat to Arsenal
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I always win things in my second year – Postecoglou assures Tottenham after 1-0 defeat to Arsenal

EPL: He takes so much time – Neville criticizes Tottenham star as Arsenal win 1-0
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: He takes so much time – Neville criticizes Tottenham star as Arsenal win 1-0