"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Lumina Trailer Announces Sci-Fi Horror Comedy Movie’s Return to Theaters

Forum 3 weeks ago

Lumina Trailer Announces Sci-Fi Horror Comedy Movie’s Return to Theaters

ComingSoon can exclusively debut a trailer for Lumina, a 2024 sci-fi horror comedy movie that is returning to theaters this September.

Lumina is directed by Gino J.H. McKoy and stars Eric Roberts, Ken Lawson, and more. The film was initially released in July 2024.

Now, distributor Goldove Entertainment has announced the movie will return to over 50 theaters in the United States and Canada on September 20, 2024.

Check out the exclusive trailer promoting Lumina’s upcoming rerelease below

What is Lumina about?

The film tells a “gripping story that follows a group of friends and conspiracy theorists on a harrowing journey into the Nevada desert, searching for the truth behind DUMB (Deep Underground Military Base),” per the description. “Instead of answers, they stumble into a nightmare filled with sinister secrets and otherworldly encounters that leave them forever changed.”

McKoy said in a statement, “The fans have spoken, and we’re excited to re-release this film to an even wider audience. As we head into Halloween, we’re thrilled to keep the momentum going and confident that this feature will become a cult classic.”

Along with Roberts and Lawson, the movie stars Rupert Lazarus, Eleanor Williams, Andrea Tivadar, and Sidney Nicole Rogers.

McKoy previously told ComingSoon about the movie in an exclusive interview, “I wrote the first draft in seven days at my uncle’s house in Florida while I was visiting him. But I wanted to get to the psychological effect on people. If they experience abduction, someone close to them, someone that they love, if they’re abducted, how would that psychologically affect them, and how far will they go to save that person? The stories about Alex taking his friends on a journey basically to save the one he loves and their friend and what happens during that journey. So that really inspired me in terms of also meeting a lot of people from MUFON (Mutual UFO Network), a lot of former militaries and former Black Ops Marines that spoke about their experience with aliens with UFO phenomena.”

Lumina returns to select theaters in the United States and Canada on September 20, 2024.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Salem’s Lot Director Reveals Stephen King’s Support Helped Horror Movie Get Released
Forum | 34 mins ago

Salem’s Lot Director Reveals Stephen King’s Support Helped Horror Movie Get Released

Dan Da Dan Trailer Sets Netflix Release Date for Occult Anime Series
Forum | 10 hours ago

Dan Da Dan Trailer Sets Netflix Release Date for Occult Anime Series

Ballerina’s Ana de Armas Teases Trailer Release Date for John Wick Spin-off
Forum | 12 hours ago

Ballerina’s Ana de Armas Teases Trailer Release Date for John Wick Spin-off

Citadel: Diana Trailer Unveils New Look at Prime Video’s New Spyverse Series
Forum | 12 hours ago

Citadel: Diana Trailer Unveils New Look at Prime Video’s New Spyverse Series