"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Serie A: We do not expect this situation — Gasperini on Lookman’s transfer drama

Forum 3 weeks ago

Serie A: We do not expect this situation — Gasperini on Lookman’s transfer drama

Atalanta manager Gian Piero Gasperini says ‘nobody expected’ the Ademola Lookman situation.

Lookman requested to be left out of the squad for La Dea’s opening Serie A clash of the season against Leece after an approach from Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain.

Teun Koopmeiners had earlier withdrawn from the squad in an attempt to force through a Juventus transfer.

Atalanta ignored the off-the-field problems to crush Leece 4-0 on Monday night.

Gasperini commented on Lookman and Koopmeiners’ situations after the victory.

“In all honesty, nobody expected to find ourselves in this situation. At this moment, I am having to take it one day at a time. I had a few thoughts after the Super Cup, but then we ran into all these difficulties, including Scamacca’s injury,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“I don’t know what will happen over the remaining 10 days of the transfer window. My job is to assemble the best squad possible, to see with the club what could be useful to add. Clearly, we’ll not have a defined squad until August 31.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Serie A: Lookman thrilled to help Atalanta overcome Fiorentina
Forum | 13 hours ago

Serie A: Lookman thrilled to help Atalanta overcome Fiorentina

Edo Guber: Group writes INEC, Demands transfer of REC
Forum | 2 days ago

Edo Guber: Group writes INEC, Demands transfer of REC

Transfer: They’re not good enough – Scholes slams Ten Hag for signing two stars
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: They’re not good enough – Scholes slams Ten Hag for signing two stars

Transfer: Deco confirms Chelsea star rejected Barcelona’s offer, Man Utd announce deal for winger
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Deco confirms Chelsea star rejected Barcelona’s offer, Man Utd announce deal for winger