"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Reveals if Taylor Swift Cameo Was Ever Going to Happen

Forum 1 month ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Reveals if Taylor Swift Cameo Was Ever Going to Happen

Shawn Levy says that there was never any truth to the rumors that Taylor Swift would be in Marvel‘s Deadpool & Wolverine.

In the months leading up to Deadpool & Wolverine’s release, there was no shortage of online rumors suggesting that popstar Taylor Swift would have a cameo in Levy’s MCU movie. One of the more prominent theories was that Swift would appear as Dazzler, a mutant with the ability to turn sound vibration into light and energy.

Deadpool & Wolverine was released in United theaters in July 2024 and, while the Marvel Studios movie does boast a number of surprising cameos, Swift is not in it.

What did Shawn Levy say about the Taylor Swift Deadpool & Wolverine rumors?

Speaking with Variety, Levy was asked if there was ever a plan to put Swift in the movie or if that was all just internet speculation.

“That was one of the loudest rumors that came out of nowhere,” Levy said. “It was never true. Thank you, internet, for building such a smokescreen of rumors and half-truths so that no one ever knew what was going to happen.”

Swift did, however, praise the Marvel movie over social media shortly before its release.

“Over the past few years I have watched one of my best friends on this planet pour every bit of his heart, soul, sweat, time, energy, jokes, pain, joy, rebellion, darkness, and magic into this film,” she wrote on an Instagram story. “He’s created the best work of his life, and this film feels like an actual joy portal, a wild escape from reality, and an abs sandwich. I don’t know how he did it. But that’s just Hugh for you! These other randoms crashed the photo and we were too polite to ask them to leave. Deadpool and Wolverine is out [tomorrow]! Here’s where to buy tickets if you like things that are unspeakably awesome. Shout out to Wade Wilson, aka my godkids’ sperm donor!”

Deadpool & Wolverine is now playing in United States theaters.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Simi marks 7th anniversary of ‘Simisola’ album, reveals her favorite track
Forum | 1 hour ago

Simi marks 7th anniversary of ‘Simisola’ album, reveals her favorite track

BBNaija: Ebuka reveals tonight eviction outfit, fans react
Forum | 1 day ago

BBNaija: Ebuka reveals tonight eviction outfit, fans react

BBNaija S9: This is the longest I have been without sex – Wanni reveals [VIDEO]
Forum | 1 day ago

BBNaija S9: This is the longest I have been without sex – Wanni reveals [VIDEO]