"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Paris 2024 Olympics: I’m proud of my girls – Wakama reacts to D’Tigress win over Canada

Forum 1 month ago

Paris 2024 Olympics: I’m proud of my girls – Wakama reacts to D’Tigress win over Canada

D’Tigress head coach Rena Wakama was full of excitement after her side sealed a place in the quarter-finals of the women’s basketball event at the 2024 Olympic Games.

The African champions outclassed the world number five Canada 79-70 in their last group game.

Wakama’s side won two and lost one of their three group games.

D’Tigress made history as the first African team to claim a place in the quarter-finals in the history of the Olympics.

“It’s surreal and I don’t think it’s going to hit me yet for another couple of hours,” Wakama told FIBA.com.

“I am proud of my girls and I have pushed them so hard. I have pushed them harder than anyone can even imagine. It’s because I know what they can do and we did that today and we showed them who we are.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido reacts to critics of his comment about Isreal DMW’s failed marriage
Forum | 4 hours ago

Davido reacts to critics of his comment about Isreal DMW’s failed marriage

Davido reacts to backlash on comments about Isreal, Sheila’s failed marriage
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido reacts to backlash on comments about Isreal, Sheila’s failed marriage

AFCON 2025 qualifier: Lookman reacts to Super Eagles victory over Benin Republic
Forum | 1 day ago

AFCON 2025 qualifier: Lookman reacts to Super Eagles victory over Benin Republic

I’ll win 2027 presidential election, PDP dead – Kwankwaso
Forum | 1 day ago

I’ll win 2027 presidential election, PDP dead – Kwankwaso