"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Transfer: It doesn’t make sense – Liverpool legend kicks against Osimhen’s Chelsea move

Forum 1 month ago

Transfer: It doesn’t make sense – Liverpool legend kicks against Osimhen’s Chelsea move

Former Liverpool defender Steve Nicol has said that a loan move to Chelsea by Victor Osimhen does not make sense in any way.

Nicol is totally against the Nigeria international Osimhen moving to Stamford Bridge on loan this summer.

David Ornstein reported yesterday that the Blues Napoli are in talks regarding Osimhen and it is being proposed that the striker move to Stamford Bridge on loan while Romelu Lukaku joins Napoli permanently.

Osimhen’s camp, through his agent, Roberto Calenda, has since been denied the story.

Football market expert Fabrizio Romano has stated that Osimhen will only accept a loan deal to Chelsea if it contains a mandatory option to buy clause.

Nicol told ESPN FC that Osimhen should not move Chelsea on loan and revealed the reason behind his position.

“I can’t get my head around this – Osimhen signs a new deal to be nice to the club and then he goes on loan to Chelsea? It doesn’t make a lot of sense from Osimhen’s point of view.

“I mean do you know football is like things change very quickly. You know you go there on loan and all of a sudden you either get injured or you have a bad time and your whole world is turned upside down.

“I was shocked when I heard that this could be a loan. I guess it makes sense for both clubs if the money is right, but from his point of view I don’t think I would be keen to go on loan if I am Osimhen. The guy is a proper player.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Mikel Obi hints at Osimhen joining Chelsea after Galatasaray stint
Forum | 4 hours ago

Transfer: Mikel Obi hints at Osimhen joining Chelsea after Galatasaray stint

Transfer: Okereke seals move to Turkey’s Gaziantep
Forum | 4 hours ago

Transfer: Okereke seals move to Turkey’s Gaziantep

Transfer: Super Falcons star, Onumonu completes move to Montpellier
Forum | 4 hours ago

Transfer: Super Falcons star, Onumonu completes move to Montpellier

Transfer: We need him, he can help in one-on-one – Maresca on Chelsea’s new signing
Forum | 4 hours ago

Transfer: We need him, he can help in one-on-one – Maresca on Chelsea’s new signing