Jeremy Renner Discusses ‘Emotional’ Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Production Following Accident

Forum 2 days ago

Jeremy Renner Discusses ‘Emotional’ Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 Production Following Accident

Jeremy Renner gets candid about his “emotional” experience filming the third season of Paramount+’s Mayor of Kingstown, following his snowmobile accident earlier this year.

In January 2023, news about Renner’s accident made headlines. The Hawkeye actor, who has been sharing his recovery online, was hospitalized after sustaining injuries after a massive snowplow ran him over. Renner then immediately returned to film the third season of the crime thriller series, though it did not go smoothly at first.

Renner has since gotten better as time goes by, but during the early phases of filming Mayor of Kingstown Season 3 was a challenge for him. In an interview with Men’s Health, the actor revealed that returning as Mike McLusky was quite an emotional journey.

“I was pretty fucking fragile when we started on January 8. We’re walking around on ice, and I have no energy. I was falling asleep. But I think it’ll be the best season yet because of it. Don’t get me wrong, Mike’s still Mike—he’s still the guy you want as your friend. But it’s more emotional, because I’m more emotional,” the MCU star said.

He continued, “Because, dude, the last thing I wanted to do—to be honest with you, I almost pulled shoot and doing this show—was fiction. Like, Oh wait, I don’t give a shit about fiction! Bullshit words and bullshit stories and bullshit character. It’s all bullshit. I gotta live in real reality here, because these bones and these joints—and I gotta go say fake lines and fake words and pretend to be . . . what? I got no time to fucking pretend, man! So here’s how I shifted it, because I only have control of my perspective: I’m coming to Pittsburgh to recover in my body and get better every fucking day, and I’m gonna do this show on the side. Instead of it being the other way around.”

What is Mayor of Kingstown about?

“The series follows the McLusky family, power brokers in Kingstown, Michigan, where the business of incarceration is the only thriving industry. Tackling themes of systemic racism, corruption, and inequality, the series provides a stark look at their attempt to bring order and justice to a town that has neither,” the official synopsis reads.

The Season 3 description teases that the fictional company town and its citizens face a new threat that will intensify the drug war both inside and outside of the prison, putting Mike McLusky under intense pressure to maintain peace and order.

Mayor of Kingstown is co-created by Taylor Sheridan and Hugh Dillon. It also stars Tobi Bamtefa, Taylor Handley, Emma Laird, Derek Webster, Hamish Allan-Headley, Nishi Munshi, Michael Beach, and Aidan Gillen.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Antony Starr ‘Had A Ball’ While Filming Episode 4 of The Boys Season 4
Forum | 2 days ago

Antony Starr ‘Had A Ball’ While Filming Episode 4 of The Boys Season 4

Biography & Career Of Jeremy Fernandez
Forum | 3 days ago

Biography & Career Of Jeremy Fernandez

SEAL Team Season 7 Trailer Sets Premiere Release Date
Forum | 3 days ago

SEAL Team Season 7 Trailer Sets Premiere Release Date