Euro 2024: The respect is different – Quaresma defends Ronaldo’s place in Portugal team

Forum 3 days ago

Euro 2024: The respect is different – Quaresma defends Ronaldo’s place in Portugal team

Former Portugal international Ricardo Quaresma has raised questions about who could replace Cristiano Ronaldo in the lineup amid the ongoing Euro 2024.

He said this while insisting that Ronaldo should start every game for the national team at Euro 2024.

Speaking to Portuguese outlet Renascenca, the former Chelsea star said: “For me, and I don’t say this because I’m a friend of his, I say this as a fan: he has to play. Because if you take Cristiano Ronaldo out, who are you going to put in?”

When asked about options like Diogo Jota and Goncalo Ramos, Quaresma added: “They are good players, but the respect is different when you go in with Cristiano. He may not have one day, but just because he is there, saying number seven and Ronaldo, the respect is already different. The opponent is already a little shaky because, at the slightest mistake, he finishes.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: Teams England could face in Round of 16 revealed
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Teams England could face in Round of 16 revealed

Euro 2024: Saliba taken for drugs test, misses France team bus
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Saliba taken for drugs test, misses France team bus

Euro 2024: Cristiano Ronaldo can’t get into England’s XI – Ally McCoist
Forum | 2 days ago

Euro 2024: Cristiano Ronaldo can’t get into England’s XI – Ally McCoist