Heartstopper Season 3 Will Be ‘Darker,’ Explains Rhea Norwood

Forum 1 week ago

Heartstopper Season 3 Will Be ‘Darker,’ Explains Rhea Norwood

Heartstopper Season 3 will be much “darker” than the previous seasons, according to series star Rhea Norwood. Though the series is known for its heartwarming and feel-good tone, Norwood explained why the new season will be a different one.

In addition to Norwood reprising her role of Imogen Heaney, most of the original cast will also return for Season 3, including series leads Kit Connor and Joe Locke. Other returning cast members include Yasmin Finney, Kizzy Edgell, Corinna Brown, and Tobie Donovan.

What did Rhea Norwood say about Heartstopper Season 3?

Like the rest of her co-stars, Norwood did not reveal anything much about the upcoming season. However, she did reveal that Season 3 will be a “darker” one.

“I think as a series as a whole it’s getting more mature. The characters are getting older, so they’re exploring some darker themes. Hopefully they will be tackled in the way that Heartstopper does it, really beautifully, which is through a really lovely Heartstopper lens, I like to call it,” Norwood said in an interview with Digital Spy.

Norwood also opened up about her experience seeing Jonathan Bailey on the set of Hearstopper. Apart from Hayley Atwell and Eddie Marsan joining the cast of Heartstopper, it was also announced back in April that the Bridgerton actor will make a cameo appearance as Jack Maddox (aka Charlie’s Instagram-famous crush) in the upcoming third season.

“We’re not in a scene together but I got to meet [Bailey]. We crossed paths. He was in when I was filming, and I would sneak behind the monitor and watch him do his magic. He is the most charming man you’ll ever meet, he was so lovely. I did fan-girl over him,” the actress also told the outlet.

Filming for the third season began last year, and it is anticipated to center on the events following Truham Grammar High School’s European tour.

The synopsis for Season 3 reads: “Charlie would like to tell Nick that he loves him. Nick also has something important to say to Charlie. As the summer holiday ends and the months race on, the friends begin to realize that the school year will come with both its joys and its challenges. As they learn more about each other and their relationships, plan social events and parties, and start thinking about university choices, everyone must learn to lean on those they love when life doesn’t go to plan.”

Seasons 1 and 2 of Heartopper are available to stream on Netflix.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Umbrella Academy Season 4 Won’t Disappoint, According to Tom Hopper
Forum | 19 hours ago

The Umbrella Academy Season 4 Won’t Disappoint, According to Tom Hopper

Blue Lock Season 2 Release Date Set for Soccer Anime Series
Forum | 19 hours ago

Blue Lock Season 2 Release Date Set for Soccer Anime Series

The Boys Season 5’s Ending Discussed by Creator Eric Kripke
Forum | 1 day ago

The Boys Season 5’s Ending Discussed by Creator Eric Kripke